Seeking couples therapy might be the best decision you make for your relationship.
All relationships have ups and downs and at times we need help to get back on track. Couples therapy can help you strengthen your bond by learning healthy ways to communicate your needs, identify stuck patterns and learn new ways to be with each other. Often a few sessions is all that is needed for a “reset”.
You might seek couples therapy if you are experiencing the following issues in your relationship:
- communication problems that keep coming up
- feeling constantly criticized
- not feeling heard
- feeling emotionally distant from your partner
- constantly fighting over the same issues
- feelings of anger and jealousy
- feeling controlled by your partner
- differences in parenting styles
- issues from past relationships
- family of origin issues
- problems with sexual intimacy
- considering or in midst of separation/divorce
- compulsive behaviours (eg: gambling, porn, gaming)
- attachment issues
- differences in values
- other issues that are impacting your relationship
At Orchid Psychotherapy Clinic, our couples therapists draw from Drs. John & Julie Gottman’s Couples Therapy Framework. To learn about The Gottman Institute’s program, click here. To watch an interesting video on Making Marriage work, click here.
What is couples therapy?
Couples therapy is a type of psychotherapy that helps couples of all types recognize and resolve conflicts to improve their relationship.
How can couples therapy improve our relationship?
Couples therapy can enhance communication, resolve conflicts, and foster mutual growth. It can help you understand each other’s needs and strengthen your emotional bond.
Is couples therapy only for couples in crisis or can any couple benefit?
While couples therapy is often used for resolving crises, any couple can benefit. It can help maintain healthy communication and manage potential future conflicts.